What is HTML? Introduction of Hyper Text Markup Language
HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language, the most widely used language on the Web to develop web pages. Berners-Lee created HTML in late 1991, but “HTML 2.0” was the first standard HTML specification published in 1995. HTML 4.01 was a major version of HTML published in late 1999. Though HTML 4.01 is widely used, we currently have the HTML-5 version, an extension to HTML 4.01 published in 2012. For more details visit the history of HTML
Why Learn HTML?
Originally, HTML was developed to define the structure of documents like headings, paragraphs, lists, and so forth to facilitate the sharing of scientific information between researchers. Now, HTML is widely used to format web pages with the help of different tags available in HTML language.
HTML is a MUST for students and working professionals to become great Software Engineers, especially when working in Web Development Domain. I will list down some of the critical advantages of learning HTML:
- Create Web site – You can create a website or customize an existing web template if you know HTML well.
- Become a web designer – If you want to start a career as a professional web designer, HTML and CSS designing is a must skill.
- Understand Web – If you want to optimize your website, to boost its speed and performance, it is good to know HTML to yield the best results.
Hello, World using HTML.
To give you a little excitement about HTML, I’m going to provide you with a small conventional HTML Hello World program, and You can try it
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>This is document title</title> </head> <body> <h1>This is a heading</h1> <p>Hello World!</p> </body> </html>
Applications of HTML
As mentioned, HTML is one of the Web’s most widely used languages. I’m going to list a few of them here:
- Web page development – HTML is used to create pages rendered over the Web. Almost every page of the Web has HTML tags in it to generate its details in the browser.
- Internet Navigation – HTML provides tags to navigate from one page to another and is heavily used in internet navigation.
- Responsive UI – HTML pages nowadays work well on all platforms, mobile, tabs, desktops or laptops owing to a responsive design strategy.
- Offline support HTML pages, once loaded, can be made available offline on the machine without any need for the internet.
- Game development– HTML5 has native support for a rich experience and is now valuable for the gaming development arena.
This HTML tutorial is designed for aspiring Web Designers and Developers who need to understand HTML in enough detail, along with its simple overview and practical examples. This tutorial will give you enough ingredients to start with HTML, from where you can take yourself to a higher level of expertise.
Before proceeding with this tutorial, you should have a basic working knowledge of the Windows or Linux operating system. Additionally, you must be familiar with the −
- Experience with a text editor like notepad, notepad++, or Edit plus.
- How to create directories and files on your computer
- How to navigate through different directories
- How to type content in a file and save them on a computer
- Understanding images in various formats like JPEG and PNG format
The next Topic is: Basic Tages of HTML
What is HTML?
HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language, the most widely used language on the Web to develop web pages.
What is the Introduction of HTML?
Berners-Lee created HTML in late 1991, but “HTML 2.0” was the first standard HTML specification published in 1995. HTML 4.01 was a major version of HTML published in late 1999. Though HTML 4.01 is widely used, we currently have the HTML-5 version, an extension to HTML 4.01 published in 2012
What are the Applications of HTML?
Web page development
What are the advantages of learning HTML?
Create Web site
Become a web designer
Learn other languages
10 Comments on “What is HTML? Introduction of HTML”
Informative blog dear
thanks, Tayyab Awan
Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic however , I’d figured I’d
ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest
writing a blog post or vice-versa? My website addresses a
lot of the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.
If you happen to be interested feel free to shoot me an e-mail.
I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!
Hello everybody, here every person is sharing such know-how, so it’s pleasant to read this
blog, and I used to visit this web site everyday.
Wow, amazing weblog format! How long have you been running a blog for? you made blogging look easy. The full look of your site is great, as smartly as the content!
thanks Rashid Ali
I抦 no longer sure the place you are getting your info, however great topic. I needs to spend some time studying more or figuring out more. Thank you for wonderful info I was searching for this information for my mission.